What you will need to get started :
* Glass Jar or bowl (do NOT use ceramic, plastic parts, crystal or metal, can be toxic)
* Distilled Water only !!! Do not use spring, tap, Brita, filtered or well water
In our research we have found all other waters have increased risk of mold growth
* Tea Green or Black (use regular tea for your first few batches, organic may promote mold growth)
* Sugar (regular granulated for your first few batches, organic may promote mold growth)
* Cloth, Coffee Filter or a Paper Towel This prevents insect contamination. Make sure it is a tight knit.
* Rubber Band Or String
* Plastic Strainer
Once you have a backup culture, (after your first batch) feel free to experiment in using organic ingredients, but never use anything but a glass container and ALWAYS use distilled water.